There’s nothing much better than riding on a lovely sunny day, but the sun itself can cause skin damage and affect your visibiltiy.
Sun protection riding helmets
Though wearing a helmet that offers sun protection doesn’t replace the importance of sunscreen with SPF, it can help you avoid exposure to harmful UV rays.
When we decided to design a riding hat that offered great sun protection, it was important it had a peak that was not only safe but provided shade to the entire face and upper neck.
The deep, wide peaks provide an exceptionally flattering look along with incredible coverage.
Which helmets offer sun protection?
halo$540 – $580
The new Halo is our best selling helmet, and comes with the option of a wide peak (halo Luxe), providing superior protection from the sun (and rain).
- 360° ventilation system with additional crown ventilation
- Flexzone peak with luxury underside padding
- Luxury washable padded headband with padded neck support
- Anti-microbial lining infused with silver ions.
SP8 Plus$555 – $691
The SP8 Plus has been designed specifically for warmer climates:
- Flattering brim is deep and wide to provide shade to the entire face and upper neck
- Our “Free Fit” ventilation system, which includes a cut-out air channel at the brow. This allows air to flow across the forehead and through the centrally-located front and rear ventilation slots
- Thermoregulation silver paint available
- Removable washable liner to keep it fresh every day.
My PS with Wide Peak$302
With an outershell made of lightweight ABS plastic, the My PS with Wide Peak provides our widest peak yet to shade the face and upper neck from the harmful effects of the sun.
It has 10 ventilation slots and a removable, washable liner.