- Team gold at the European Championships in 2015
- Individual gold at the European Championships in 2016
- Crowned Leading Rider of the CSI2* Super Cup at Brussels Stephex Masters, 2017
- Team silver at the junior European Championships, 2018
- Team silver medal at the Youth Olympic Games, 2018
- Zodianne van de Doevenbree
- LV Chance Luck
- Street Hassle
- Valmy de La Lande
- Elucar VE
As the son of legendary showjumper, Michael Whitaker, Jack was always destined for great things with horses.
However, the 19-year-old hasn’t relied on his family name for his success. He is as hard working as his dad, and just as dedicated to his sport.
Jack certainly wasn’t given ready-made superstars to ride. His first pony was a naughty Shetland called Sotty, who regularly threw him off, and he produced his first jumping pony himself, when he was just nine years old. Jack took the five-year-old from novice to the European Championships in 2015, where they won team gold.
Jack won gold again the following year, followed by team silver at the Junior European Championships in 2018. To cap it all he won team silver medal at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires on his 17th birthday.
His Olympic medal came 34 years after dad Michael and uncle John Whitaker won team silver at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.
Jack is now making his mark in international senior showjumping, competing alongside his dad – and often stealing his best horses!
Jack’s helmet of choice